For managers, leaders and consultants who are interested to apply post modern thinking in relation to their leadership, consultancy and organisational development work
From 9:30 until 16:30
At Institute of Group Analysis (IGA), Seminar Room, Ground Floor
1 Daleham Gardens, London, NW3 5BY
£480. For registrations prior to September 30, 2018, the early bird fee of £370 applies.
The Systemic Development Partnership / email@example.com
Systemic Leadership and Communication Practice
Most managers would agree that the complexity of their leadership challenge exceeds the simplicity of contemporary leadership theories, which offer little instructive significance for decision making.
In this workshop you will learn and apply concepts that embrace the complexity experienced in real leadership challenges, that make it possible for leaders to make sense of and orientate to the uniqueness of their situation, and invite ways of expanding choices for leaders to act in relation to challenges.
In this two day workshop you will
- appreciate communication as the ‘stuff’ that creates leadership, coordination and performance in organisations
- utilise a communication perspective to leadership, developing your orientation in relation to complex challenges, improving your appreciation of the position of others, and developing your agency to act creatively in such circumstances
- reflect and learn from your own practice and experience of leadership practice, for instance in relation to strategy, performance management, organisational learning and change, applying postmodern and systemic concepts
- develop specific reflections and actions for your leadership situations in relation to relevant practice contexts
To facilitate dialogue and learning the number of participants is limited to 16.
- Systemic and social constructionist theory of communication (CMM)
- Dialogic organisational development approaches
- Critical management theory
- Research into systemic reflexivity and organisational emergence
- Developments in communication theory – the bridge from modern to post-modern
- Leadership as a practice of shaping contexts and morality in communication
- Discussion of cases and implications for leadership practice
- Making sense of complexity using dialogic and affirmative sensibilities
- Systemic approaches to real leadership situations
- Acting wisely using imaginative and reflexive practice
- Applying systemic perspectives to the wider organisation
- Participant related case work and reflections
Time and Venue
The course will take place in the Seminar room, Ground Floor (IGA), 1 Daleham Gardens, London, NW3 5BY.
- Swiss Cottage (Jubilee Line)
- Finchley Road (Jubilee & Metropolitan Lines)
- Belsize Park (Northern Line)
The venue has a bike rack to the side of the building. Find this location with Google Maps (opens new tab)
Cost and Registration
The cost for the two day workshop is £480, for applications and payments received prior to September 30, 2018 a reduced early bird fee of £370 applies. This also includes coffee, tea and biscuits.
The workshop will take place provided that there is a minimum number of six participants. In case the course start has to be cancelled or deferred for any reasons participants will be reimbursed whatever they have paid.
We are happy to advise on nearby accomodation for participants who are interested.