For managers, leaders and consultants who are interested to apply post modern thinking in relation to their leadership, consultancy and organisational development work
From 9:30 until 16:30
£480. For registrations prior to July 31, 2021, the early bird fee of £400 applies.
The Systemic Development Partnership / firstname.lastname@example.org
Systemic Leadership and Communication Practice
Most managers would agree that the complexity of their leadership challenge exceeds the simplicity of contemporary leadership theories, which offer little instructive significance for decision making.
In this workshop you will learn and apply concepts that embrace the complexity experienced in real leadership challenges, that make it possible for leaders to make sense of and orientate to the uniqueness of their situation, and invite ways of expanding choices for leaders to act in relation to challenges.
In this two day workshop you will
- appreciate communication as the ‘stuff’ that creates leadership, coordination and performance in organisations
- utilise a communication perspective to leadership, developing your orientation in relation to complex challenges, improving your appreciation of the position of others, and developing your agency to act creatively in such circumstances
- reflect and learn from your own practice and experience of leadership practice, for instance in relation to strategy, performance management, organisational learning and change, applying postmodern and systemic concepts
- develop specific reflections and actions for your leadership situations in relation to relevant practice contexts
To facilitate dialogue and learning the number of participants is limited to 16. The minimum number of participants is 6.
- Systemic and social constructionist theory of communication (CMM)
- Dialogic organisational development approaches
- Critical management theory
- Research into systemic reflexivity and organisational emergence
- Developments in communication theory – the bridge from modern to post-modern
- Leadership as a practice of shaping contexts and morality in communication
- Discussion of cases and implications for leadership practice
- Making sense of complexity using dialogic and affirmative sensibilities
- Systemic approaches to real leadership situations
- Acting wisely using imaginative and reflexive practice
- Applying systemic perspectives to the wider organisation
- Participant related case work and reflections
|Dr Christine Oliver||Dr Martin Miksits|
Time and Venue
This seminar is online using Zoom. Seminar times are 9:30 to 16:30 (UK), both days.
Participants require a laptop, PC or notebook with a stable internet connection.
Cost and Registration
The cost for the two day workshop is £480 (excl. VAT). For applications and payments received prior to July 31, 2021 a reduced early bird fee of £400 (excl. VAT) applies.
- registration possible as of now
- confirmed place on the programme as of registration
- payment within 14 days from registration
The above fees do not include VAT. We have a limited possibility to provide the course VAT exempt (without VAT) which we offer for self-paying individuals and charities that are not registered for VAT.
Organisational buyers such as businesses, local government and governmental organisations, universities and the NHS, registered for VAT, will be billed the full course cost plus VAT.
In case the course start has to be cancelled or deferred for any reasons participants will be reimbursed whatever they have paid.
Cancellation fee: 30% of fees up to 4 weeks before the workshop, 80% up to 1 weeks before the first workshop, thereafter 100%.